Facts & Highlights
Ranked between 101-150 band among all Engineering Colleges in India by MHRD
Accredited by National Assessment And Accreditation Council with ‘A’ Grade
National Board of Accreditation has granted accreditation for 5 UG programs
UGC - 2(f) and 12(B) Recognition.
Ranked among top 10 % of colleges in academic performances by Anna University, among the colleges where more than 3000 students appeared.
Placed at No. 40 among 497 colleges in Tamilnadu.
ISO 9001:2008 by M/s. BVQC (India) Limited.
Ranked among TOP 5% colleges in Tamilnadu - AAAA
TIMES OF INDIA:
• Ranked 12 Among India’s Top Engineering Institutes On Research Capability
• Ranked 72 Among India’s Top Private Institutes
• Ranked 91 Among India’s Overall Top Engineering Institutes
• 40th Rank among all India Engineering Colleges (Ranking Based On Students Selected For Placement)
• Smartboard in all Classrooms
• A/C Classrooms, Labs, Hostels and Buses
• 300 Mpbs High-speed Internet enabled WIFI Campus
• A la-Carte System for Boarding Students
• E-learning through Online Learning Management System
• Nano Material Fabrication Centre.
• Communication Skills Laboratory.
• Active Entrepreneurship Cell - Network of Saveetha Techpreneurs with Vibrant Activities.
• DSIR/ TEPP Sponsored Fabrication of PTFE Material Centre.
• Advanced Machining Centre.
• Well- stocked Central Library with computing facility with e-journals - IEEE, Journals and Magazines
• Only Engineering College in India to have 30 students per class.
• 91% results in University exams
• 173 University Ranks
• Compulsory internship every year
• Smart board with internet in all classrooms
• 93% of grandaunts received Anna University degrees every year.
• 1:13 Staff : Students ratio
• Staff with 9 years of average experience.
• 150 Ph.Ds and 205 pursuing Ph.D
TEACHING LEARNING METHOD:
• MILA - Multiple Interactive Learning Algorithm based on Small Group Self Learning Modules
• Moodles - A free and open-source learning management system (LMS)
• 5 Departments Recognised as Research Centre by Anna University
• Recognised by CSIR for Research Funding
• 2(f), 12(b) Status Granted by UGC for Research Funding
• 1012 Publications in Indexed Journals
• Rs. 10 Crore worth Funded Projects
• Research Centre with Scientists from IGCAR & ISRO.
• Active Placement Cell.
• 93% Students placed in 2018 batch
• 107 day 1 Placement by Capgemini
• 250+ multiple Placement
• 152 internship cum placement
• Aptitude, technical communication, placement training from first year onwards
• Out Of 960 Students 893 Students Got Placed In Leading Companies With High Salary In 2018 batch
• 87+ TOP Companies recruited our students.
PLACEMENT ORIENTED TRAINING:
• Business English Certificate (BEC)
• Student Academy Program (SAP)
• Sales force - CRM
• Red Hat
• Amazon Web Service
• Mobile App Development
• Auto Desk Course (Mechanical)
• Company Specific Training (CST)
HIGHEST SALARY IN 2018 BATCH:
• 9 Lakhs - BYJU’S
• 7.5 Lakhs – COMMVAULT
• 7 Lakhs – SAP
• 6 Lakhs – JARO EDUCATION
• 6 Lakhs – SKCRIPT
• 1st Place in SMART HACKATHON conducted by MHRD Gov. of India
• Best Student Project by Texas Instruments, USA
• Best Teaching Department Award for Mechanical & EEE by Stanford University, UK
• ICTACT, CII, Govt. of TN Best Academic Partner Award for 3 Consecutive years
• Entrepreneurship Cell in Association with National Entrepreneurship Network, India
• 53 MoU’ s with Industries
• In-plant Training in Industry | Content Beyond Syllabus
• WIPRO Mission 10X Technology Centre for Unified Learning Platform
• Infosys Campus Connect Program
• EMC2 Big Data and Cloud Computing
• ORACLE WDP Innovation Lab
• Robotics Club in association with IITB
• Business English Certificate by British Council, University of Cambridge, UK
• Students for Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS) in association with ISRO
• SAP Students Academic Programme
• 17 Centre of Excellence in Collaboration with Industries
• MSME – Incubation Centre
• Best Partner Excellence with ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu.
• Remote Center of IITB & IITK.
• Aakash Project Center of IITB.
• MEMs Design Centre in association with Intellisense, USA & Sridutt Technologies, Bengaluru.
• Students for Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS) Club in association with ISRO, IITB.
• Spoken Tutorials Resource Center in association with IITB.
• IEEE Partnership by IEEE Student Chapter.
• Nodal Center of Anna University QIC Program
• Association with Institute of Smart Structures & Systems, IISc Bangalore.
• ISTE Membership and ISTE Chapter.
• 1 Crore worth Research Projects from IGCAR & ISRO.
• Rs. 1 Crore worth Scholarship per year for Meritorious Students, Students Excelling in Sports, Government Scholarship for SC, ST, MBC and OBC Students.
SEC has succesfully completed a decade of Excellence in Engineering Education. It is NAAC Accredited with A Grade, NBA Accredited and an ISO 9001:2008 certified institution.
SYNAPSE Certification is offered to all our students preparing them for placement as Professionals or Entrepreneurs by training in C/C++, JAVA, ASP. net, Oracle, SQL, Networking, AutoCAD/ORCAD, HTML, Embedded Systems, Mainframe, Pro-C, RTDS and VLSI.
Aptitude, Soft Skills, Communication & Personality Development, Foreign Languages, GRE, GATE, TOEFL, CAT, MAT, Yoga, Music, Dance, Sports, etc for all the four years of the academic course, Personality development programs are conducted for faculty members.
Several Memorandum of Understandings(MoUs) have been signed such as Infosys Campus Connect, ORACLE, Microsoft, WIPRO Mission 10X, University of Massachusetts (Lowell, USA), Prudue University (USA), ISTE, CSI, NEN, ICT Acadeny, SEDS, NITTR, NPTEL, BEC etc.
SEC is the proud recipient of Best Project Award from TamilNadu State Council for Science & Technology, Best Entrepreneur Award by Cherry Blair Foundation (London), Selection at National Competition on Design of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle by National Institute of Ocean Technology.
Our students have also won 25 Gold and Silver Medals in the Zonal Athletics Meet of Anna University, Chennai.
Campus Automation - Attendance & Examination Marks can be viewed by the Parents in our website and will be sent by SMS & E-Mail