Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer science and Engineering was established in the year 2001 with an intake of 60 students. It was increased to 120 students in the year 2005-2006. Our Department offers B.E Computer science and Engineering, M.E Computer science and Engineering programs. The department has a team of 37 sincere, dedicated, competent and experienced faculty with commitment to serve the college in achieving its goals. All have completed their master degrees, 5 of them are Doctorates and some of them are pursuing their Ph.D.s. Every year we are producing very good results.
All the class rooms are well furnished, air conditioned,with smart board facility. The department has 8 laboratories with air condition and internet facility in all the systems. The department has well equipped Laboratories with leading branded systems, which are set up at International standards to give the best to the students. Totally 423 systems with higher configuration and smart boards are available in the Laboratories.
To uniquely position the department and to establish synergistic relationship across the entire spectrum of disciplines involved with computing by our faculty contributing to Computer Science and devoting themselves to take the maximal advantage of modern Computer Science to solve a wide range of complex, scientific, technological and social problems.
- To pursue our vision by striving for excellence in creating, applying, and imparting knowledge in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To pursue comprehensive educational system, research in collaboration with industry and government and to disseminate knowledge through scholarly publications.
- To provide service through professional societies to the community, the state, and the nation.
Programme Educational Objectives ( PEO )
The programme educational objectives for the computer science and engineering programme describe the accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five years after graduation. Graduates will be able to apply their expertise to contemporary problems and be engaged professionally, they will continue to learn and adapt and contribute to their organizations through leadership and teamwork.
1. Graduates, within four years of graduation, will be able to demonstrate peer- recognized expertise together with the ability to articulate that expertise and use it for contemporary problem solving in the analysis, design, and evolution of computer and software systems, including system integration and implementation.
2. Graduates, within four years of graduation, will be able to demonstrate engagement in the engineering profession, locally and globally, by contributing to the ethical, competent, and creative practice of engineering or other professional careers.
3. Graduates, within four years of graduation, will be able to demonstrate sustained learning and adapting to a constantly changing field through professional development and self study.
4. Graduates, within four years of graduation, will be able to demonstrate leadership and initiative to ethically attain professional and organizational goals, facilitate the achievements of others, and obtain integrated results.
5. Graduates, within four years of graduation, will be able to demonstrate a commitment to teamwork while working with others of diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Program outcomes are narrower statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors.
a) An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering.
b) An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in Computer science and Engineering.
c) An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, Social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
d) An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
e) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve Computer science and Engineering problems.
f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
g) An ability to communicate effectively.
h) The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
i) Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
j) Knowledge of contemporary issues.
k) An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO 1: Professional Skills : Ability to identify the need of change in Computer Architecture, Data Organization, Algorithm, Data Analysis, Networking and Design Methodologies with focus on performance optimization.
PSO 2: Problem Solving Skills: Ability to develop optimal solutions for sub-problems with hardware and software products and integrate them in the domains like Data Analytics, Mobile Products, Networking, Web Systems and Embedded Systems in order to satisfy the specific requirements of current real-time problems.
PSO 3: Entrepreneurship Skills: Ability to use the technical expertise to establish new startups to provide products and services in the field of Information and Communication Technology.
PSO 4: Research Skills: Ability to use the acquired knowledge in various domains to identify research gaps and hence to provide solutions with innovative ideas at par with the international standards.