Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2002, with an intake of sixty students.The team of fifteen faculty of this Department are well qualified and experienced. The Department currently has about 250 students from various states of India, including the North-Eastern states, who work together in a cordial atmosphere conducive to excellence in education. The Department of EEE is comitted to achieving academic excellence in Electrical Engineering and promoting R & D activities. The mission of this Department is to produce Engineers with self discipline, high integrity and good personality by providing excellent engineering education and training.
Typically the class strength for theory courses is about 60 and for laboratory courses it is about 30. Having fewer students in laboratory classes helps the students to frequenntly and directly interact with the professors and have their learning processes greatly enhanced.
The Department is well equipped with the following Laboratories
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Control Systems & Electric Circuits Laboratory
- Measurements & Instrumentation Laboratory
- Power Electronics & Electronics Devices & Circuits Laboratory
- Power System Simulation Laboratory
The Laboratories are aesthetically designed with state of the art equipments like Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, PLC Controllers and latest softwares like MATLAB, ETAP, Visual Studio-2005.
Of the three batches of students that have passed out, the Department has produced two University Rank holders. The Department has also excelled in the field of projects. Two of the final year student projects were funded by Tamilnadu State Council for Science & Technology. The Department also encourages students to take up Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers(GATE) and Graduate Record Examination (GRE), during their final year so they can pursue their higher education either here in India or abroad.The Department has an active EEE Students' Forum where students learn to do projects, present technical papers and organize various technical events like Symposiums, thereby receiving a broader perspective on the profession and oppurtunities for teamwork, leadership and service.
Apart from catering to the needs of the students, the Department also constantly strives to improve the quality of Engineering faculty both in this college and outside. To achieve this Faculty Development programmes have been regularly organized, where Professional from Industries have been brought to the campus to provide specialized training to the faculty.
To simulate an epitome of excellence is the motto of this Department.
To be a nationally recognized centre addressing the energy crisis and providing solutions to the rural and industrial needs.
• To develop within each student a robust repertoire of professional skills, with moral integrity and to launch successfully into a variety of careers in electrical engineering.
• To provide each student with avenues for exploring diverse interests to launch successfully into a variety of careers in electrical engineering offering lifelong learning and service.
• To establish a research group of faculty and students, to explore ways of using electric energy efficiently and reduce losses during generation and transmission.
(a) Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of differential equations, vector calculus, complex variables, matrix theory, probability theory, physics, chemistry and electrical and electronics engineering.
(b) Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve electrical engineering problems.
(c) Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design electrical and electronic circuits and conduct experiments with electrical systems, analyze and interpret data.
(d) Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design digital and analog systems and component.
(e) Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
(f) Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.
(g) Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
(h) Graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
(i) Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
(j) Graduate will develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
(k) Graduate will be able to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE.
Program Educational Objectives
1. To make students capable of applying their knowledge acquired in Mathematics, Basic Sciences and Electrical and Electronics Engineering courses, to the solution of complex problems encountered in the modern Engineering practice.
2. To train students so they have the necessary professional skills, with high ethical standards, to be productive engineers to succeed in their careers.
3. To inculcate in students teamwork skills, with effective communication skills, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
4. To provide students with the opportunities required to make them successful in their pursuit of lifelong learning.