Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2002, with an intake of sixty students. Now we have increased the intake to 120. The team of twenty two faculty of this Department are well qualified and experienced. The Department currently has about 250 students from various states of India, including the North-Eastern states, who work together in a cordial atmosphere conducive to excellence in education. The Department of EEE is committed to achieving academic excellence in Electrical Engineering and promoting R & D activities. The mission of this Department is to produce Engineers with self discipline, high integrity and good personality by providing excellent engineering education and training.
The department offers the following courses
B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering
M.E Embedded Systems
The Department is ISO 9001:2000 certified and also NBA accredited. The Department has well experienced faculty of proven ability and diverse specialization. The faculty actively involves themselves in research in the fields of Power Systems, Robotics, VLSI, MEMS, Image processing and Embedded Systems.
The Laboratories are well equipped with modern training facilities that cater to the requirements of the University syllabus as well as to architect the learning experience of Students. Typically the class strength for theory courses and for laboratory courses is about 30. Having fewer students in theory as well as laboratory classes helps the students to frequently and directly interact with the professors and have their learning processes greatly enhanced.
The Department is well equipped with the following Laboratories
Electrical Machines Laboratories I & II
Control & Instrumentation Laboratory
Engineering Practices Laboratory
Power Electronics Laboratory
Power System Simulation Laboratory
Embedded systems Laboratory
The Laboratories are aesthetically designed with state of the art equipments like Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, PLC Controllers and latest softwares like MATLAB, ETAP, Visual Studio-2005.
Of the thirteen batches of students that have passed out, the Department has produced many University Rank holders. The Department has also excelled in the field of projects. Many of our final year student projects were funded by Tamilnadu State Council for Science & Technology. The Department also encourages students to take up Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers(GATE) and Graduate Record Examination (GRE), during their final year so they can pursue their higher education either here in India or abroad.The Department has an active EEE Students' Forum, WATT Club and Engineers without Borders where students learn to do projects, present technical papers and organize various technical events like Symposiums, thereby receiving a broader perspective on the profession and oppurtunities for teamwork, leadership and service.
Apart from catering to the needs of the students, the Department also constantly strives to improve the quality of Engineering faculty both in this college and outside. To achieve this Faculty Development programmes have been regularly organized, where Professional from Industries have been brought to the campus to provide specialized training to the faculty.
To simulate an epitome of excellence is the motto of this Department
• All our class rooms are facilitated with SMART BOARDS WITH INTERNET
• Department is equipped with centre of excellence in Wipro Mission 10x Learning Center
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in Electronics and communication.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and anability to engage in life-long learning.
- Acknowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.